Let's Talk Gift Wrapping
Valentine's Day gift wrapping inspiration - posted January 2016
It’s Valentine’s Day in three weeks, so why not put a little heart into your gift wrapping, making it a magical Valentine’s Day for that someone special.
I am currently loving the simplicity of old fashioned kraft brown paper, it is so versatile and inexpensive and makes for the perfect blank canvas to add a variety of decorative elements to your gifts. I have used the colour of love, red, which really does POP out of the brown backdrop.
May these ideas inspire and entice your creativity.
1. Make your own gift wrap using a heart stencil and paint. I screen printed the paper using a stencil and to avoid an over kill of hearts I simply added the home-made heart paper as a decorative band, finished off with some packaging string.
2. Why not make your own heart cut out gift wrap? Use a stencil to draw hearts randomly on the kraft paper, then simply cut half the heart shape and fold the piece backwards to make a complete heart shape. Start by wrapping the gift with red tissue and then cover with the cut out kraft wrap, the red colour will "pop' out.
3. Use tiny red pompoms to decorate your gift. I used a glue gun to attached the pompoms, and created a heart shape but you could create any pattern and design you wish. I added some packaging twine and rustic heart peg to attach a tag/love note.
4. If you really don't have the time to get wrapping, find a plain brown bag to pop your gift into. Fold over the top, add some twine and tie on a red felt heart (which you cut out of a scrap piece of felt) and there you have a very simple, quick and easy yet chic gift.
5. Add a little style to your kraft wrap by pleating the paper. I cover pleating extensively in the Masterclass Gift Wrap workshop. Add heart ribbon to finish off this simple yet elegant gift wrap.
Wishing you all a happy Valentine's Day filled with love and beautifully wrapped gifts.